ASIST is a unique facility for teaching and for researchers from around the world to study processes at or near the air-water interface in a well controlled environment with state-of-the-art technology. Some of the ongoing or planned research projects in ASIST are focused on:
- fluxes of momentum, heat and mass across the air-water interface including the exchange of gases and aerosols.
- Turbulence in both air and water
- Wave dynamics
- Remote sensing of surface winds, waves and temperatures
- Chemical and biological processes at and near the air-water interface
- Technology development for high resolution wave and flux measurements
- Calibration of meteorological and oceanographic sensors